Citrix Docs and Product Lifecycle Matrix
- High Definition webcam support.
- Expanded tablet mode in Windows 10 using Windows Continuum.
- Adaptive transport enhancement. By default, adaptive transport is enabled (Preferred), and EDT is used when possible, with fallback to TCP.
- Browser content redirection. Redirects the contents of a web browser to a client device with a corresponding browser embedded within the Citrix Receiver. See (Citrix Docs) for more information.
- "H.265 Encoding Now Available for XenDesktop Using NVIDIA GPUs" (Citrix Blogs). Requires Receiver for Windows 4.10 and must be enabled. If the GPU at the endpoint does not support H.265 decoding using the DXVA interface, the Citrix Receiver for Windows H.265 Decoding for graphics policy setting is ignored and the session falls back to using the H.264 video codec. Requires a Platinum license. See Receiver 4.10 for more information (Citrix Docs).
- Unicode keyboard mapping. Without the registry setting, if a user changes the local and the server keyboard layouts, the keyboards might not be in sync and character output is wrong.
- HDX 3D Pro is detected automatically during VDA setup.
- MCS support for on-demand provisioning with Azure Resource Manager.
- Support for App-V 5.0 deployment configuration files in single admin method and support for shortcuts in App-V packages.
- Access Monitor Service data uses version 4 of the OData API.
- Shadow Linux user sessions running RHEL 7.3 or Ubuntu 16.04. Director connects via noVNC.
- HDX Insight improvement. Integration of the new NSAP virtual channel. Nick, from Citrix Consulting, is calling this, "HDX Insight 2.0" (Citrix Blogs) but 7.17 recommended (CTX239748).
- Applications analytics in Director. It provides a consolidated view of the health and usage of all published applications. It shows metrics like the number of instances per application and faults and errors associated with the applications. Requires Delivery Controller version 7.16 or later and VDA version 7.15 or newer.
- VDA desktop OS support: Windows 10 1607 or newer. For support of older operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8) use the 7.15 VDA.
- VDA server OS support: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 (also supports server VDI). For support of older operating systems (Winddows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012) use the 7.15 VDA.