Citrix Docs and Product Lifecycle Matrix
To see all Current Release features since the last Long Term Service Release (7.15 LTSR) see XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 Plus
- Watermark your desktop or app independent of the endpoint with this new controller and VDA. My Summit 2018 article has an image of a watermark on a Chromebook (SageLike.com).
- Webcam compression for 64-bit applications like Skype, GoToMeeting, and others on VDA.
- NVENC hardware encoding in combination with codec for actively changing regions supported in VDA with NVIDIA GPUs.
- ThinWire now includes higher compression (~15%) MDRLE encoding which replaces 2DRLE on supported VDAs. "What's New with Workspace in February 2018" has more details (Citrix Blogs).
- Linux support for Pascal GPUs, pass through authentication with smart cards, dynamic keyboard layout synchronization, adaptive transport (Citrix Blogs).
- Show or hide the remote language bar
- Azure Managed Disks to be used automatically by MCS starting with this controller.
- Federated Authentications Services now stores info in an embedded database versus the registry.
- Controller improvements to double-hop scenarios (launching apps in a published desktop). If the app is available in the desktop it will launch it as local vs a new session. Read "Session Sharing Between a Published Desktop and a Published App Made Easy" (Citrix Blogs) for more information including making this work on previous versions.
- Content redirection blacklist supported on VDA. Also, a new controller policy to prevent failback to server render.
- Director now supports PIV smart card authentication.
- Session Recording improvements to event logging (Citrix Blogs).
- StoreFront support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 protocols between XenApp and XenDesktop and Citrix Receiver and Citrix Workspace Hub removed (see CTX232266).
Post a Comment